I’m reblogging a pair of articles about North Korea’s internet:
- North Korea’s internet revealed to have just 28 websites
- What the North Korean internet really looks like
It’s fascinating to glimpse what information is available and what isn’t for North Koreans. You can even visit North Korea’s intranet; it’s free to view for anyone with internet access.
Information, access and power are inherently tied to technology.
I have been reading a bit about the country and I highly recommend the following:
- A Kim Jong-Il Production: The Extraordinary True Story of a Kidnapped Filmmaker, His Star Actress, and a Young Dictator’s Rise to Power
- Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea
- Without You, There Is No Us: My Time with the Sons of North Korea’s Elite